Thursday, January 18, 2018

Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda

This is not my normal kind of book, but someone highly recommended it so I thought I would try it.  It wasn't high literature or anything like that, but it was gripping.  In fact, at the end I had a lot of trouble putting it down.

The entire book (except the epilogue) is written from the perspective of Paul who is taking his wife, Mia, to their country home for "the best day ever".  The problem is Paul is a egotistical, self absorbed psychopath and thus nothing he plans is at it seems.  It would be entirely disturbing if his perspective weren't also so funny - he has no idea how he actually presents to the world and, in particular, has not even contemplated that Mia may have plans of her own for this special day.

I don't want to give anything away, suffice it to say you will be dying to find out how the day actually unfolds for Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment