Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

A really interesting concept...Alice falls off her bike at a spin class, knocks her head and loses 10 years of her recent memory.  She thinks she is pregnant with her first child and madly in love with her husband rather than a separated mother of three.  Based on the reactions of others in her life she's not sure she likes who she's become either.  The book explores the week of memory loss and what happens when she gets her memory back.  Light and entertaining but also makes you think about what it would be like to wipe the slate clean and try again.  Also, the author is Australian which made me realize I haven't read much by Australian authors - I think I'll take a look and see what else I can find out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment