Sunday, January 22, 2012

11/22/63

Wow, this is the first novel I've read by Stephen King and it was a long one (849 pages).  I've never read King because he isn't really my favourite genre but something caught my eye about this one so I decided to give it a try.  It really was gripping - he writes very well, not at all what I expected.  This is the story of an English teacher in Maine who travels back in time in an effort to stop the Kennedy assassination.  However, he discovers how dangerous it can be to mess with history when he returns to 2011.  The characters are interesting and well developed, the picture of the late 50s and 60s is very detailed and obviously meticulously researched and the action is at times frightening (I literally had nightmares a couple of nights).  Definitely worth the read - if you can find the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment